When quantity and quality of nutrition equally rise, it makes every child healthy and wise
Ever wondered what’s more important for your kids? Vegetables, fruits, poultry or dairy products? The answer is, that no single food can supply all the nutrients in the amounts needed by a child. What your kids need to eat to ensure sufficient nutrition intake, differs depending on the stage of growth they are in, and upon the circumstances or environment they are growing up in.
Here are the recommended rates of calorie intake needed by children in different age groups that might help you understand your child’s requirements better.
- Boys and girls of age 2 or below need to be consuming between 900 and 1000 calories.
- Boys and girls in the 2 to 3 year age bracket need to consume between 1000 and 1400 calories.
- Boys between the ages of 4 and 8 need to consume 1400 to 2000 calories, while girls of the same age need 1400 to 1800 calories.
- Boys between the ages 9 and 13 need to consume 1800 to 2600 calories and girls in the same age bracket need to consume 1600 to 1800 calories.
When it comes to food groups, they all have their own benefits. That is why, meals that combine the right servings from each of them can help sustain a balance of the essential nutrients needed for your child to grow physically and ensure steady cognitive improvement throughout his or her developing years.
Here are the minimum recommendations that will help you maintain that balance:
- 2 servings of your choice of fruits per day
- 3 servings of vegetables per day
- 6 servings of grains or lentils per day
- 2 servings of Protein measuring up to 5 ounces per day (this can be through meat or poultry products, or by using Soy-based vegetarian options)
- 15 to 27 grams of oils per day (this does not necessarily refer to cooking oils used on a day-to-day basis)
- 2 to 3 servings per day of milk or other dairy products such as cheese or yoghurt.
If your child isn’t meeting these requirements, there’s no need to worry. Most mothers have difficulty making sure of it. That is where a complete nutritional supplement like PediaSure 2+ can help retain the balance of nourishment and ensure that any missed dietary needs don’t result in any deficiencies.
As mentioned before, dietary requirements differ depending on the age of the child. So PediaSure 2+has a complete range that helps every developing age group.
If your kids are between the ages of 2 and 3, PediaSure 2+ provides all the essential nourishment they might be lacking due to various feeding difficulties. Ensuring a nutritional balance at that age can prevent any growth concerns you might have in the future.
If your kids are between 2 and 8 years, PediaSure 2+ should do the trick. Two servings per day, along with their meals can restore the nutritional balance and prevent the harmful impacts caused by picky eating. Considering that 25% of children globally show picky eating behaviour, you’re not on your own.
If the kids are between 9 and 13, the nutritional balance required is different. That is why the standard PediaSure 2+ offers a specially designed formula to supplement any nourishment loss and provides 28 essential vitamins and minerals, along with 37 other nutrients that they need.
Every PediaSure 2+ variant also comes in 2 delicious flavours that no picky eater can resist, ensuring that your child gets the nutrition he or she needs, and you can have peace of mind knowing that your child isn’t likely to face any growth difficulties in the future.